Many people have heard about about ebook readers but don’t know:
- What companies make these devices?
- What models are available, their features, and the pros & cons of each?
- Where to buy them?
Let’s start by looking at the current list of companies/models of e-book devices:
- FLEPia by Fujitsu (April 2009)
- Kindle 2 by Amazon (February 2009)
- eSlick by Foxit Software (2009)
- PRS-700BC Reader Digital Book by Sony (October 2008)
- Digital Reader 1000 by iRex Technologies (2008)
- Kindle by Amazon (2007)
- Cybook Gen3 by Bookeen (2007)
- GeR2 by Ganaxa (2007)
- Star eBook STK-101 by Star eRead (2007)
- Hanlin eReader by Jinke (2007)
- Sony Reader by Sony (2006)
- iLiad by iRex Technologies (2006)
- Libri� by Sony (2005)
As you can see, Sony pioneered these devices in 2005 which opened the doors for some healthy competition since then.
Note: There are other Ebook Readers available on the market but they have simply been rebranded from the original units listed above.