Carry your library with you anywhere with the Sony PRS-350
Get the lowest price on the Sony PRS-350 here! And check out our review below!
The Sony PRS-350 is a great small sized e-reader that is highlighted by an exclusive and easy-to-use touch interface. It is a second edition reader also known as a Sony Pocket Reader as it can easily fit in your pocket. This 5-inch e-reader is the smallest & lightest ereader available on the market. Being 5.75”x 4.13”x 0.34” and 5 ½ ounces in weight it is surprisingly small, hence the name Sony Reader Pocket Edition. The Pearl display of the PRS-350 also gives amazing resolution.
Its aluminum front and back panel make it very visually impressive. Unlike Sony’s previous ereaders, the touchscreen of Sony PRS-350 does not present any glare problems so gives an exceptionally clear and dark text. You can even borrow eBooks from libraries with Adobe EPUB which also supports a large number of eBooks from various eBook stores. Wherever you go Sony Reader Pocket Edition brings your library with you. Its e-ink high contrast display makes it very easy to see in bright sunlight and does not affect your eyes. It also provides you with six font size choices for ease of use. The PRS-350 also includes a built-in dictionary for finding the definitions of any word.
Let’s have a look on the specifications of the Sony Pocket Reader PRS-350:
- Dimensions: 5.75”x 4.13”x 0.34”
- Built-in 2GB memory
- 5” monochrome e-ink display screen
- 4-bit image with 800×600 pixel display resolution
- Supports JPEG, PNG, BMP & GIF image file formats
And now some of the feature highlights of the Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350:
- Impressive Touchscreen – Unlike previous Sony models, the Sony PRS-350 has a new touchscreen with no additional layer over the top of the screen. NeoNode’s zForce infrared technology has made its touchscreen very responsive both with your finger and with the stylus. Fingerprints are easily wiped off and are so much less noticeable.
- Hardware & Software – The Sony Pocket Reader has a 2GB built-in memory out of which 1.4GB is available for use. You can store around 1200 eBooks & documents. Its battery life is about 15 days or 10,000 pages per charge. Here are few on-screen features of the PRS-350:
- Favorite pages can be bookmarked.
- On-screen keyboard to add notes.
- Change font sizes within 6 given choices.
- View full page or split into 2 or 3 columns.
- Lock the page with a custom zoom dial.
- Added Text Styling – Out of the box The PRS-350 supports only one font, but you can add as many more as you want. Margin cut settings are also available in the case of some eBooks with white space.
- Formats & Languages – The Sony PRS-350 supports a wide variety of formats like Adobe DRM for EPUB & PDF. Thus you can even read eBooks from local libraries. RTF, TXT & Word files are also supported. Languages support includes English, German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
Here’s our quick pros & cons list for the Sony PRS-350.
- Lightest ebook reader on the market
- Easily fits into a pocket, highly portable
- Clear, high contrast touchscreen
- Supports EPUB
- Lacks WiFi & 3G
- No audio player
The Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350 slips easily in your shirt or coat pocket, is as light as it gets and has a brand new glare-free incredibly responsive touchscreen. It’s perfect for anyone looking for a portable eBook reader with all the basic ereader functionality they need at a very competitive price.
Buy the Sony PRS-350 here!